How to Choose a Collision Repair Shop
Be a smart consumer and know your rights when it comes to having your vehicle repaired. Because we value you, our customer, we want to assist you in learning all you can about your rights.
Things to Know Before Having Your Car Repaired
- Your car is the second largest investment you're likely to make. Preserve its value and your safety by having it repaired professionally.
- Never drive a car that could be unsafe because of damages.
- Some insurance companies may want you to visit their drive-in claims center before having your car repaired. You can do this, or you may leave your car at our shop and ask the insurance company to inspect the car here.
- By law, you are required to obtain only one estimate or appraisal.
- You have the right to go to the repair shop of your choice.
- Differences in repair estimates are common. A lower estimate may not include all necessary work. If you are not sure why one estimate you have received is different from another, please ask us.
- Choose a shop that has unibody repair equipment and has certified technicians (such as by I-CAR or ASE).
- Ask if the shop offers a repair warranty.
- Ask whether the shop will help you negotiate your claim with the insurance company.
At Nanuet Collision Centers,
- We keep our shop equipped with the technology needed to fix today’s complex vehicles.
- We keep our technicians up-to-date through on-going training.
- We strive to meet standards of top quality paint and repair work.
- We are dedicated to improving the collision repair industry.
- We are I-Car Gold Class Professionals